Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) is a debilitating autoimmune disorder characterized by increased platelet destruction and reduction in blood platelets, resulting in an increased incidence of bleeding. Given there is no specific clinical test to confirm the diagnosis, ITP can be difficult to diagnose and manage.
Using the 2019 ASH evidence-based guidelines for treatment and management of ITP as its basis, FWGBD has curated content that can help providers optimally treat and manage patients with ITP; bolster provider knowledge to support patients with ITP in their treatment journey; and provide multidisciplinary insight in patient care. The resources, gathered with input from clinical experts, are intended to support providers in developing their knowledge base related to this often difficult to manage the disease.
Resource categories include:
- Treating, Managing, and Supporting Patients for Optimal Well-Being
- Ask the Experts: Your ITP Questions Answered (New Video on Patient Management When Corticosteroids and Rituximab Fail, Featuring Dr. Alice Ma)
- Provider Resources for Optimal Patient Treatment and Management (New Webinar on ASH's Revised Guidelines for Addressing the Management of ITP, Featuring Dr. Terry Gernsheimer )
- Provider Resources for Ongoing Patient Care
- Patient Care and Support Resources
- COVID-19 Resources for Providers Treating Patients with ITP
To access the ITP Resource Page, click HERE.
We would like to thank Dova Pharmaceuticals for their support of the development of this Resource Page, along with several of its featured resources.