Morbidity Challenges and Treatment Advances for Hemophilia Carriers: Focus on FIX/FVIII and Management of Both Types
This is a recorded version of the webinar on Morbidity Challenges and Treatment Advances for Hemophilia Carriers: Focus on FIX/FVIII and Management of Both Types that was presented live on Tuesday, December 19, 2017, at 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EST. Please scroll down to view the archived webinar.
Estimated Time to complete: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Format: Archived Webinar
Webinar Faculty: Roshni Kulkarni, MD and Robert Sidonio, JR., MD, MSc
Activity Medical Director: Andra H. James, MD, MPH
This Webinar has a special focus on the unique aspects of FIX/FVIII and their management and state-of-the-art treatments for female patients. It will include discussing the role of FIX/FVIII replacement in women with bleeding disorders and describing issues for both types of hemophilia carriers-hemophilia B and A.
At the conclusion of this Webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of, and apply to practice, assessing patient history and experience as well as factor levels in carriers
- Recognize and manage the range of bleeding and medical complications, including joint morbidity, that can occur in carriers of hemophilia B and hemophilia A
- Recognize and manage the reproductive life-stage issues for hemophilia carriers, from menses through pregnancy and postpartum to menopause
- Know and appropriately apply available new and state-of-the-science therapeutics/treatments in the optimal management of hemophilia B carriers
- Know and appropriately apply available new and state-of-the-science therapeutics/treatments in the optimal management of hemophilia A carriers
Target Audience: Hematologists, pediatric/adolescent gynecologists, Ob/Gyn providers, nurse practitioners, and other healthcare providers
This Webinar is supported in part by an educational grant from Aptevo.