The Foundation for Women & Girls with Blood Disorders works to ensure all women and girls with blood disorders are correctly diagnosed and optimally managed at every life stage. FWGBD:
- Raises awareness and educates key healthcare professionals
- Translates and disseminates information and research
- Nurtures future healthcare leaders
- Fosters collaboration and generates knowledge among core disciplines
As part of our mission to build the next generation of researchers and providers for women and girls with blood disorders, FWGBD is pleased to be able to up to twenty-five (25) Travel Awards in honor of Jeanette Doner Mann. Each Travel Award will provide $1,000 USD to individual recipients as a stipend for travel to attend the FWGBD biennial conference.
NOTE: FWGBD 2022 conference registration cost is NOT waived or covered by the Jeanette Doner Mann Travel award.
- FWGBD will offer up to twenty-five (25) Travel Awards to investigators who are North American FWGBD Medical Student, Graduate Student, Resident and Fellow Members (cost: $0): https://www.fwgbd.org/graduate-medical-student-resident-fellow-membership
- All North American FWGBD Medical Student,Graduate Student, Resident and Fellow Members are eligible to apply
- Access the application sheet HERE
- Submit completed application as a pdf to email@example.com
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the 45th day before the conference start
- Notification of Travel Award application acceptance will be made within 30 calendar days of application submittal. The application portal will be closed once twenty-five awardees have been selected.
- Awardees must attend the biennial conference; awardees will receive their award check for $1,000 at the conference
- Recipients are required to write a short summary of their experience attending FWGBD 2022, answering the question: What inspired you to attend FWGBD 2022 and how will you use this experience in your future career and practice?
Responsibilities of Travel Award Recipients
- Travel Award recipients must make their own airfare and ground travel arrangements. Travel Awards provide 1,000 USD to be applied toward airfare, ground travel, lodging, and/or meals on travel days.
- Recipients are also responsible for registering for FWGBD 2022 and paying the student registration fee
For More Information
- Questions regarding the Jeanette Doner Mann Travel Award should be submitted to Dr. Kerry Funkhouser at firstname.lastname@example.org