Webinar Faculty: James Bussel, MD, and Emilie Vander Haar, MD; and Andra H. James, MD, MPH, and Kim Roque, MPA (Moderators)
Activity Medical Director: Andra H. James, MD, MPH
In this inaugural Case Conversations session, Dr. Jim Bussel and Dr. Emilie Vander Haar offered case-based insight related to the diagnoses, treatment and management of fetal and neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia (FNAIT). The expert faculty featured the upcoming journal article, "New developments in fetal and neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia," and reviewed four clinical advances that could radically change the current approach to detection and management of FNAIT, how the treatment of challenging cases could change, and what it means for providers now and in the future. The case presentations and discussion were followed by an interactive Q & A session with participants.
At the conclusion of this Webinar, participants were able to:
- Understand the importance of, and apply to practice, assessing and monitoring patients for the identification of appropriate patients for intrauterine contraception
- Describe the proper placement of intrauterine contraception
- Discuss the effectiveness and safety of intrauterine contraception in young women/women, especially those women who are at risk for or experience heavy menstrual bleeding
- Review the anticipatory guidance needed prior to initiation of the method
- Discuss best practices regarding pre-medication, insertion and post procedure for LNG-IUS
- Discuss ways in which collaboration with hematology augments management
Target Audience: Ob/Gyn providers, pediatric/adolescent gynecologists, hematologists, nurse practitioners, and other healthcare professionals
The production and archiving of this program were made possible in part by an educational grant from Janssen.