Evaluation and Management of Postpartum Hemorrhage
Date/Time: Tuesday, December 11 2018, at 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ESTFaculty: Chad Grotegut, MD and Cathleen Peterson-Layne, MD, PhD Activity Medical Director: Andra H. James, MD, MPH
This state of the science Webinar will describe the prevention, evaluation and management of postpartum hemorrhage (PPH), overall, and the special considerations for women with bleeding disorders. The program will discuss the prevalence of PPH, the recommended evaluation and management of PPH, the early signs and symptoms of excessive blood loss and the protocol, including treatment options for massive obstetric hemorrhage.
- Cite the prevalence of postpartum hemorrhage in women, overall, and among women with bleeding and other blood disorders
- Describe and appropriately apply available and state-of-the-science care in the prevention, evaluation and management of postpartum hemorrhage
- Discuss obstetric and anesthesiology considerations for the management of obstetric hemorrhage in a patient with or without a bleeding disorder
- Evaluate and manage the early signs and symptoms of excessive blood loss in order to provide appropriate intervention
- Describe the protocol, including treatment options, for massive obstetric hemorrhage
Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education designates this Live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAPA accepts AMA category 1 credit for the PRA from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education designates this activity for 1.0 contact hours for nurses. Nurses should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education and The Foundation for Women & Girls with Blood Disorders. Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education (HSCE) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.