Webinar Program Details
Addressing the Prevention, Treatment and Management of VTE in Pregnancy: A Review of the Most Recent (2018) ASH VTE Clinical Practice Guidelines
Date/Time: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 at 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ESTFaculty: Shannon M. Bates, MDCM, MSc, FRCPCActivity Medical Director: Andra H. James, MD, MPH
This state-of-the-science Webinar will review the new ASH VTE Clinical Guidelines and describe the current understanding and practice as applied to pregnancy. The proposed Webinar will have a special focus on the strengths and limitations of the guidelines, the clinical importance, and the application to practice in the prevention diagnosis and treatment of VTE in pregnancy.
- Describe the process for developing the ASH VTE Clinical Guidelines, as well as their strengths and limitations
- Distinguish the clinical importance of, and apply to practice, the ASH VTE Clinical Guidelines
- Recognize and understand differences in recommendations in these guidelines compared to those developed by other organizations
Role of Selectins and Adhesion in the Pathiophysiology of Acute Vaso-occlusive Crisis in Sickle Cell Disease
Date/Time: Thursday, March 7, 2019 at 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ESTFaculty: Marilyn Telen, MD and Andra H. James, MD, MPH
This state-of-the-science Webinar will review the current best practices in the treatment and management of acute vaso-occlusive crisis in persons with sickle cell disease (SCD), and especially in pregnant women with SCD. The Webinar will have a special focus on the role of selectins in the pathophysiology of sickle cell disease acute vaso-occlusive crisis and its management, as well as describe state-of the-art treatments for patients, including females.
Target Audience: Hematologists, pediatric/adolescent gynecologists, Ob/Gyn providers, nurse practitioners, and other healthcare providers
- Understand how adhesion and cell-cell interaction contribute to vaso-occlusion in sickle cell disease
- Know the available new and state-of-the-science therapeutics/ treatments in the management of acute vaso-occlusive crisis in patients with sickle cell disease
- Discuss the available treatments for vaso-occlusive crises in pregnant women