- Register for the program and answer the pre-test questions.
- Watch the program.
- Complete the evaluation, including the post-test questions.
Estimated Time to complete: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Format: Archived Webinar
Webinar Faculty: Chad Grotegut, MD and Cathleen Peterson-Layne, MD, PhD
Activity Medical Director: Andra H. James, MD, MPH
This state-of-the-science Webinar will describe the prevention, evaluation and management of postpartum hemorrhage (PPH), overall, and the special considerations for women with bleeding disorders. The program will discuss the prevalence of PPH, the recommended evaluation and management of PPH, the early signs and symptoms of excessive blood loss and the protocol, including treatment options for massive obstetric hemorrhage.
At the conclusion of this Webinar, participants will be able to:
- Cite the prevalence of postpartum hemorrhage in women, overall, and among women with bleeding and other blood disorders.
- Describe and appropriately apply available and state-of-the-science care in the prevention, evaluation and management of postpartum hemorrhage.
- Discuss obstetric and anesthesiology considerations for the management of obstetric hemorrhage in a patient with or without a bleeding disorder.
- Evaluate and manage the early signs and symptoms of excessive blood loss in order to provide appropriate intervention.
- Describe the protocol, including treatment options, for massive obstetric hemorrhage.
Target Audience: Hematologists, pediatric/adolescent gynecologists, Ob/Gyn providers, nurse practitioners, and other healthcare providers
Continuing Education Credits
Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education designates this activity for 1.0 contact hours for nurses. Nurses should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The production and archiving of this program were made possible in part by an educational grant from Aptevo.