This is a recorded version of the webinar on Achieving Hemostasis in Women with Bleeding Disorders: Challenges and Therapies in VWD that was presented live on November 13, 2017, at 12 PM EDT. Please scroll down to view the archived webinar.
Estimated Time to complete: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Format: Archived Webinar
This state-of-the-science-and-practice Education Webinar describes the issues and challenges of achieving hemostasis in women with bleeding disorders, with a focus on managing the more severe types of VWD. Recommended management approaches and cross-discipline collaboration is detailed and the available treatments are described as well as the available evidence concerning their use.
Participants in this Webinar will be able to:
- Distinguish and discuss the range of treatments available for women with BWD and other bleeding disorders
- Differentiate and describe the differences in available therapies for VWD and other bleeding disorders
- Optimally apply the appropriate treatment for each female patient with VWD
- Recognize and manage the range of complications occurring during the reproductive life stages for women with VWD and other bleeding disorders, and appropriately apply (the full range of) available therapies to their management
Professor, Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Consulting Professor, Medicine-Hematology
Duke University Medical Center Durham, NC
Professor of Medicine and Clinical Translational Science
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Director, Hemophilia Center of Western, PA
The production and archiving of this program were made possible in part by an educational grant from Shire.
Please note the following corrections:
- This slide is the corrected version to one within the video
- The product Vonvendi is mentioned in this program is currently the only FDA-approved recombinant von Willebrand Factor product.