The Foundation for Women & Girls with Blood Disorders seeks to ensure that all women and girls with blood disorders are correctly diagnosed and optimally treated and managed at every life stage. We achieve this through:
- Educating key healthcare providers for each life stage, including hematologists, pediatricians, family practice, emergency medicine, ob/gyn, geriatricians, nurses, dentists, dental hygienists, social workers and genetic counselors
- Translating/disseminating provider information and research
In 2015, FWGBD:
- Developed and webcast a Webinar on reproductive issues for women with sickle cell disease
- Developed and webcast a Webinar on women and bleeding, and the challenges of hemophilia carriage, VWD and other rare bleeding disorders
- Conducted 3 Symposia, Workshops at major medical or interdisciplinary meetings, including ASH and NASPAG
- Expanded our WGBD Learning Action Network (LAN) to 37 members
- Presented FWGBD's work and strategies to ISTH SSC (Scientific Subcommittee) Women's Health Issues in Thrombosis ad Haemostatsis
Our medical programs have educated over 800 hematologists and OB/GYNS alone. And, our attendees come highly motivated to participate in our educational programs and look forward to our presentations, viewing them as a valuable and worthwhile educational experience.
If you have ever attended one of our webinars or education symposia, you already know the quality and expertise our educational sessions deliver. Don’t miss an opportunity to enhance your knowledge about women's blood disorders - join our mailing list today.