What: Webinar on Vitamin K and Vitamin K Deficiency Bleeding in Infants
When: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT, Thursday, July 10, 2014
- Join on-line at: http://www.livemeeting.com/cc/cdc/join?id=CB2Q97&role=attend and enter Meeting ID: CB2Q97 and click "join"
- Join by phone at: Dial 1-866-692-4541, and enter participant code: 13565573
Webinar Description: Dr. Laura Marcewicz, will review how vitamin K works in infants, discuss the different classifications of VKDB, and explain the origins of objections that some parents have raised about administration of this important public health preventative measure.
At the end of this Webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Describe basic vitamin K physiology in infants
- Describe the different types of VKDB and associated severity
- Explain at least two concerns about vitamin K prophylaxis that parents may have
- List at least two resources for clinicians and families on vitamin K prophylaxis
This Webinar is free and open to all healthcare providers who are interested in learning about Vitamin K deficiency bleeding. Please forward this e-mail to others who may find it of interest.
For more information please contact Cynthia Sayers at email@example.com or 1 (404) 498-0020.